Here's a brief list of projects and explorations I've collected over the years:
- Imperfect Experience; or, Effects of withholding training data on multi-task question answering in convolutional neural networks, my Master thesis on ways to improve the performance and energy efficiency of convolutional neural networks when the complete set of possible environment combinations aren't available for training (external link).
- SeeClickFix Data Analysis, experimented with building remote server APIs in Python, Google Maps API and building map dashboards, December 2013 (external link).
- Crime Trends and Preferential Pursuit, a story about Chicago crime, with my colleague Jeff Adams, May 2013
- Los Angeles Rush Hour, a geospatial exploration of captured real-time public bus location information during a rush hour in Los Angeles, February 2013.
- Firm Idea, Inc., consulted on design and architecture and wrote the final copy that populates most of the site, November 2012 (external link).
- Joe Bush 3D, a professional portfolio for the eponymous graphic designer, 2011 (external link).